A clean and green environment is something which is always desirable. To keep mother Earth pollution free, people around the World are putting their best efforts. They now prefer battery operated car over the gasoline one. So as to cut down the cost and keeping the nature green, the golfers are also opting electric versions of golf carts too. These carts are small battery operated vehicle, designed to fit two golfers along with their clubs and kit. They can carry the golfers around the golf course and can even move on deserts.
So, you are planning to own one such battery operated cart; then this information might help you to make the correct decision.
The electric golf carts are small vehicles and are generally 4 feet wide and 8 feet long. The height of the cart is only 6 feet. These battery-operated or so-called electric golf carts can weigh around 900 pounds. At times, some variants can also weigh up to 1000 pounds.
All variants of these carts can be considered as slow moving vehicles as their highest speed can go up to a maximum level of 15 mph. That means the cart will be able to cover only 24 kilometers in one hour. Commonly, all these types of electric carts are of 4 stroke engine.
The small golf cart was first properly used in Texas. In Los Angeles, these golf carts were mainly utilized for ferrying senior citizens to the grocery shops. By mid-1950, golf carts became pretty familiar with a wide group of people and several manufacturing companies started producing different variants of these carts. Some of the leading manufacturing companies which are now producing such golf carts are-
- E-Z Go
- Club Cars
- Columbia Golf Carts
- Cruise Cars Inc.
- Bradshaw Electric Vehicles
- Green Power
- Citi ECar Golf Carts
Advantages Of Electric Golf Carts
- Day by day a number of people are found purchasing electric golf carts in comparison to the gasoline one. The main reason behind this is that these carts are very cheap and inexpensive. The NEV and EV conversions are considered as low-cost Even, the expenses per miles can be measured in pennies.
- The maintenance of these electric cartsis very low. All you need to do is to plug your cart and go to sleep. Your car batteries will be charged up again to support your next day’s journey.
- Moreover, these carts create no pollution, thus, keeping the air fresh and non-toxic. For this reason, they are also known as Zero Emission Vehicle.
- They provide soundless operation and smooth acceleration.
- These carts need to be charged regularly.
- The water level of the batteries need be maintained on regular basis.
If you consider the above discussion properly, you will definitely find that buying an electric golf cart is really a good and eco-friendly idea for all.